Website Privacy Practices
Effective September 1, 2021
If personal data collected on the Sites is protected health information, Texas Radiotherapy’s use and disclosure of that information is governed by Texas Radiotherapy’s Notice of Privacy Practices. If you have any questions about Texas Radiotherapy’s Notice of Privacy Practices, please contact us at email@example.com.
The Information We Collect and Use
When we use the term “Personal Data” we mean information that we directly associate with a specific person, or that we can reasonably use to identify a specific person such as a name or email address. We collect and use information through your use of the Sites in the following ways.
- Personal Data You Provide To Us
We collect and use Personal Data that you provide to us on the Sites in the following ways.
- All Website Visitors
- If you communicate with us through the Sites, we collect the content of the communications and the metadata associated with those communications. We use this information to respond to your inquiries and facilitate communication.
- If you sign up for newsletters, we collect your contact information and communication preferences, which we use to manage how we communicate with you.
- If you use the “email this page” function on our Sites, we collect your contact information and the recipient’s contact information, which we use to facilitate your request.
- If you submit identifiable comments or other content on the Sites, we collect whatever information you supply and use this information to communicate with you if requested and to otherwise fulfill the purpose of the content submission. Please be aware that any stories, comments or other information that you submit on a public forum will be publicly accessible and managed in accordance with the Texas Radiotherapy social media comment policy. If you connect your Facebook or Twitter account to log into any of these Sites, we collect your account information for those services, which we use to authenticate your access to these Sites.
- If you register for any Texas Radiotherapy event, such as a seminar, workshop or open house event, we collect your contact and demographic information, including education information and medical or other professional credentials, which we use to register you in the program and facilitate and administer the event. We also may use this information to contact you about your experience and to inform you about future events that may be of interest to you.
- If you make purchases through our Sites, we collect payment information and related shipping and contact information, which we use to complete your transaction and deliver products to you.
- If you send us a message that contains information about your or a loved one’s health status, our response to you will be sent through an email system with added security controls.
- Potential Patients
- If you send us a message through the Sites, we collect information including your name, email address, and the content of any message that you send, which we may use to facilitate a request for an appointment and send you appointment reminders. Please note that appointment data is protected health information, which is also governed by Texas Radiotherapy’s Notice of Privacy Practices.
- Information We Collect Automatically
The technologies we use include the following:
- Web Log File Data. Like most other websites or mobile applications, we collect some basic information automatically about you and store it in log files. This information may include IP address, browser type, internet service provider, pages you visit from and pages to go to after leaving the Sites, date and time stamp, clickstream data, website traffic patterns and server usage statistics. We use this information for site management and administration, to improve the content, overall performance and user experience on the Sites, for fraud protection and for protecting our rights.
- Information for Analytics. We use analytics providers such as Google Analytics to help us evaluate and measure the use and performance of the Sites. More information about how Google uses your data when you use our Sites may be found at www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/.
- Additional Uses of Personal Data
In addition to the uses described above, we may use your Personal Data for the following purposes:
- Maintaining and delivering the Sites and its services;
- Contacting you to respond to your requests or inquiries and provide support;
- Contacting you about programs that we believe may be of interest to you, new service announcements, or event invitations;
- Improving our Sites and services;
- Developing new resources and services;
- Conducting, managing and growing our business;
- Analyzing patient experience as well as provider performance;
- Preventing, investigating and providing notice of fraud, unlawful or criminal activity or unauthorized access to or use of Personal Data, the Sites or our data systems, or to meet legal obligations;
- Investigating and resolving disputes and security issues and enforcing our Terms and Conditions; and
- To comply with our legal and regulatory obligations;
- For the performance of our contract with you or to take steps at your request before entering into a contract; and
- Where you have given consent .
How We Share and Disclose Personal Data
We only share or disclose Personal Data collected through the Sites in the following ways:
Our third-party service providers include:
- Third-Party Service Providers. We may engage vendors who perform services on our behalf, including helping us manage the Sites, manage our communication channels and conduct analysis of your use of the Sites.
- IT service and support providers, including those providers involved in hosting and monitoring the Sites;
- Analytics providers;
- Marketing and advertising providers, including those providers involved in our newsletter emails and digital advertising campaigns;
- Payment and e-commerce providers, including those providers facilitating the fundraising, donation, and event pages;
- Providers of tools, widgets or buttons on the Sites, including those providers facilitating blog comments, sharing tools, forums and questionnaires; and
- Learning management platform providers, including those providers involved in the provision of virtual education and continuing learning programming.
- Legal Process, Safety and Terms Enforcement. We may disclose your Personal Data to legal or government regulatory authorities in response to a search warrant, subpoena, court order or other request for such information or to assist in investigations. We may also disclose your Personal Data to third parties in connection with claims, disputes or litigation, when otherwise required by law, if we determine such disclosure is necessary to protect the health and safety of us or our users or to enforce our legal rights or contractual commitments that users have made.
- Business Transfers. Personal Data may be disclosed as a part of a corporate business transaction, such as a merger, acquisition, reorganization, joint venture or financing or sale of our assets, and could be sold or transferred to a third party as part of such a transaction. Personal Data also may be disclosed to a successor hospital, provider or other legal entity in the event of insolvency, bankruptcy or receivership.
Your Online Choices
- Cookies & Analytics Tools. Most browsers allow you to turn off cookies if you do not want your preferences tracked. You can still use the Sites if cookies are turned off, but disabling cookies may result in a diminished ability to take advantage of the features of the Sites. The “help” menu on most internet browsers contains information on how to disable cookies, or you can visit www.aboutcookies.org/how-to-control-cookies/. You can opt out of aggregation and analysis of the data collected about you while using the Sites by Google Analytics by visiting https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout and downloading and installing the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on.
Children and Teens
We are committed to protecting privacy of young people using our Sites. We do not knowingly collect Personal Data on the Sites from children under age 13. We believe children should get their parents’ or guardians’ consent before giving out any Personal Data. If you become aware that we have collected Personal Data from a child without parental consent, please notify us promptly. If we become aware that a child under age 13 has provided us with Personal Data without parental consent, we will take steps to remove it.
If you are a California resident under age 18 and are a registered user of the Sites, then you may request that we remove any submissions you publicly posted on the Sites. To request removal of a submission, please send a detailed description of the specific submission to firstname.lastname@example.org. We reserve the right to request that you provide information to enable us to confirm that you created and posted the submission you want removed. We will make a good faith effort to delete or remove your submission from public view as soon as reasonably practicable. But the submission may remain on backup media, cached or otherwise retained by us for administrative or legal purposes. Your submission also may remain publicly available if you or someone else has forwarded or re-posted your submission on another website or service prior to its deletion. And the law also may require that we not remove or allow removal of your submission.
Links to Other Websites or Mobile Applications
Managing Your Communication Preferences
To discontinue receiving messages from us, you can submit an opt-out request to the contact information below or by following these instructions:
If you wish to opt out of receiving our email newsletters, click “unsubscribe” in any email newsletter and follow the instructions on the screen. In addition, you can manage your email preferences by visiting the Texas Radiotherapy communication preferences page.
If you are a donor and wish to request that Texas Radiotherapy or any third parties acting on behalf of Texas Radiotherapy not contact you in the future, you may use our online form to opt-out of receiving fundraising or marketing materials.
If you have consented through the Sites to receive text messages and those messages are of the type that require us to provide an opt out option, you may opt out of receiving the messages by using the method provided in the text message, or by contacting us at the address below.
Notice to Individuals Located in the EU/EEA
Please be aware that if you use the Sites to transfer your Personal Data to Texas Radiotherapy in order to seek care at an Texas Radiotherapy facility or a second opinion at Texas Radiotherapy, you will be provided a copy of our EU Patient Notice and our Notice of Privacy Practices, which will govern our use of protected health information. The EU Website Notice will not apply to Texas Radiotherapy’s use of such information.
If our processing is based solely on consent, you have the right to withdraw your consent. You may withdraw your consent by contacting us as set forth in the “Contact Us” section below. Please note that, in certain cases, we may continue to process your Personal Data after you have withdrawn consent, if we have a legal basis to do so. For example, we may retain certain information if we need to do so to comply with an independent legal obligation, or if it is necessary to do so to pursue our legitimate interest in keeping the Sites safe and secure, or if deleting the information would undermine the integrity of a research study in which you are enrolled.
If your Personal Data is processed for EEA Processing Activities, you have the right to (1) see Personal Data that Texas Radiotherapy holds about you and receive any details required to be provided to you under applicable law, (2) correct or update your Personal Data, if inaccurate, (3) limit collection and use of your Personal Data under certain circumstances (for example, if you think it is inaccurate), (4) receive your Personal Data in an electronic format as required by law, except Personal Data that has been used for public interest purposes or for Texas Radiotherapy’s required legal obligations, (5) request deletion of your Personal Data, subject to Texas Radiotherapy’s need to keep such data to comply with legal requirements, for purposes of public health or to preserve the integrity of a research study, or to allow itself to defend itself from legal claims, and (6) file a complaint with a data protection authority (see http://ec.europa.eu/justice/data-protection/article-29/structure/data-protection-authorities/index_en.htm). If you have questions about the processing of your Personal Data or rights associated with your Personal Data, see the section “Contact Us” below.
1300 W Terrell Ave, Plaza Suite
Fort Worth, TX 76104